Information Literacy (Lec)

Most Influential Person in My Life


Who: My Mother
What: She has influenced my decisions and actions
Where: Home
When: Since I have started being aware of my actions and beliefs
Why: She has been with me for the longest time. She is always there to help, support, and criticize on my decisions and actions.
How: She teaches me what is the right and wrong way of behaving oneself. She teaches me various values and virtues to embody. She knows my potential, thus, she always supports and encourages me take actions in the challenges that I face.

Stages / Elements of Information Literacy

According to the weather forecast, there is no typhoon. However, your locality is experiencing heavy rainfall, while some parts in your province/region are flooded. There are reported incidents of landslide, evacuation, stranded vehicles and drowning. As a student, what are you going to do?

Information needs
What information do you need?
The information I need is the cause of the flood, the severity of the rainfall, areas affected, and time and period of the rainfall.
Sources of information
Where will you get them?
I will get information from my observation, and from professionals and leaders of my community.
Access to the information
How will you access them?
I will get information by sending message to the professionals and leaders of my community.
Evaluate information
How will you check the quality of information?
I will check the quality of information by confirming it to the other members of the community, and to some professionals.
Organize information
How will you organize and store them?
I will organize the information by making a record of the damages that the rainfall caused by the rainfall.
Communicate information
How will you create and communicate them?
I will create and communicate information  by using the right instruments, and media.


Comments

Popular Posts